What defines the dynamic personality or expressive persona?
According to everyone, ‘a socially confident person who can comfortably communicate to anyone and proactively participate in every task is dynamic.’ In short, every extrovert out there is dynamic.
But you are an introvert who also wants to create a dynamic persona, and that’s why you believe this lesson is for you. Right?
Let me clarify the two most important points before laying the foundation stone of this very chapter:
i) There’s no tie-in of dynamic with extrovert and introvert
ii) This lesson is definitely for you but not because you are an introvert; because you need to learn the right actions to develop a charming personality
So extroverts, you are equally welcome here!
Focus on the given rules and become the most exciting person of any occasion.
i) Make knowledge your attractive weapon
Have you ever seen the dumbest person stealing the limelight? I’m damn sure your answer is “NOOO.”
Keeping yourself updated with the stories happening around the world will not only benefit self-improvement but also show your impressive personality. People love to be around those who convey intelligent thoughts and educate them about something they don’t know.
To expand your general knowledge, add the following tips in your everyday things-to-do list:
- Start reading newspapers/ watching news
- Listen to podcasts or audiobooks
- Add reading informative books in your routine
- Watch interviews of successful persons
- Interact with wise folks
Related: How To Start And Own A Conversation
ii) Talk in a unique yet effective way
“Having knowledge but lacking the power to express it clearly is no better than never having any ideas at all” – Pericles.
Having an abundance of knowledge is everything, but knowing the right way to express it is more than that.
As I already mentioned in another lesson of this Personality Development series that communication is an art, so be an artist.
- Be precise with your words. Don’t speak too slow or too fast, adjust your tone according to the need, and mix your unique ingredient of talking that adds flavor in the conversation.
- Talk with hands to make your explanation easy. It also adds charm in your personality and makes your conversation more engaging.
- Don’t get afraid of eye-contact. Making eye-contact while interacting with someone will show your confidence and make others believe that you are interested in talking. (Don’t misunderstand eye-contact with staring)
- Don’t give serious looks on light convos that the next person feels scared talking with you. Be comfortable, talk while putting your magical smile on the face (whenever needed) and make the other person comfortable too.
iii) Listen, Understand and Ask
“Listening is a magnetic and strange thing, a creative force. The friends who listen to us are the ones we move toward. When we are listened to, it creates us, makes us unfold and expand.” –Karl A. Menninger
A dynamic person’s sign is not just to express their views or knowledge; they are also a great listener who respects others’ thoughts.
People are excited to communicate with those who listen to them with complete interest.
- Listen carefully to others
- Understand what they try to convey
- Don’t jump in between the sentences
- Responds with empathy and follow-up with relevant questions
- Try to learn new things by patiently hearing them
iv) Always Carry Your Confidence with You
Attractive people are eternally confident in their own skin. They lighten-up the place with their charming spirit and radiate sparkle the moment they enter. They always look at the good side of the matters, and that makes them likable.
If you doubt yourself, what do you expect from others?
A confident person is admired everywhere and becomes the center of attraction wherever they go. And the only Mantra to build confidence is to stay positive all the time.
You can get excellent tips and tricks to boost your self-confidence through positive thinking under this series.
v) Attire that Sets Your Presence on Fire
“To me, clothing is a form of self-expression — there are hints about who you are in what you wear.” — Marc Jacobs
Your dress reflects your personality and smartly dressed up people catch the attention quickly. Don’t you feel that?
Well, it doesn’t mean you have to buy expensive or branded clothes, it merely means to wear the right dress at the right place and in the right way. It makes you stand out and also beats the inferiority complex.
See, your effective outer persona equally influenced people the way your powerful inner persona does. Your self-discipline and physical appearance both have 50-50 shares in making you expressive and dynamic.
Now you understand that no one is born amazing, and you can only become attractive when you learn and follow the given tips.
See you in the Next Chapter!