Becoming an entrepreneur is no sweat job, discovering a game-changing startup idea, and growing with it is something you need to know. Anyone can start a company at any time, but what adventurous is it to survive on others’ ideas?
Yes, it’s just a matter of an IDEA!
Raising awareness of entrepreneurship and offering innovative schemes to promote the same by the government boosts everyone’s spirit to lead a company.
But How? The mind bombarded with confusion and looking for a precise solution.
You are also browsing for the same answer, and that’s why you are here.
“You just have to pay attention to what people need and what has not been done.”–Russell Simmons, founder of Def Jam
Stepping stone to start a company is to think outside the box but by looking over the existing situation, identifying the real-world problems, and fixing it. To find the issues, you don’t have to pack your bag and visit every lane of your town but bring out a diary from that bag and jot down the problems you meet regularly. Or, it could be the problems and needs of your friends, family, or neighbors. If you see a common problem for everyone necessitates the solution. Go for it!
Why is it always better to work on such problems?
Thinking about a brand new idea is like banging one’s head against a wall, and that’s the most common mistake startups make to solve problems no one suffers.
Working on actual issues guarantees its presence. Also, it sounds obvious that you are working on problems that are real and need to be fixed. Trying to solve pain points that individuals or companies face can encourage you to arrive at your unique startup idea.
Related Article: Steps To Analyze Your Idea For Startup
All the successful business did the exact thing and turned the problems into opportunities. Let’s see how some founders worked on the pain point that they observed to build their businesses and came up with revolutionary concepts:
1. Grofers: In this hectic life, people have a lot on their plate that they don’t have enough time to go for grocery shopping. To solve this underlying problem and make a living a little comfortable, Grofers founders popped up with a breakthrough idea to offer customers an online grocery delivery service.
Now people can quickly order everything through this grocery delivery app without worrying about the supermarket visit.
2. Swiggy: Who wants to cook after a long tiring day or drive a long distance to satisfy hunger? Literally, no one.
The owners of Swiggy recognized this issue and created an online platform for food ordering and delivery. The startup lets townspeople order their food from their favorite restaurants by sitting on their couch.
Related Article: How To Measure The Target Market Of Your Startup
3.Ola: It was always challenging to hire a cab for any journey, especially for middle-class families. Reasons:
● Limited availability of taxi service
● High fares
● Time issues
But, just one click has solved this problem. Ola allows passengers to book the cab online through its app and at the best possible price. They can also easily trace their ride and know how much time it will take to reach the destination.
4. Gaana: It was really tedious to search favorite songs, again and again, whenever one wants to listen on the internet. Listeners had to go to different sites to find different songs. Ganna identified this problem of unavailability of songs on digital platforms and segregated all the songs in one place for the listeners.
5. OYO: OYO established to solve the problem of a lack of decent staying facilities in India and provides budget-friendly accommodations.
That’s how every big startup solves a particular problem and builds their business on it.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life — think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.”, Swami Viveka Nandan
As said, a good idea is worthless without impeccable execution. But before jumping to act on your idea, you need to identify the right one.