Your content has no value unless it reaches your target audience. If you want your content to serve its purpose, you need to be proactive and devote more time to promotion than creation.

“Create content 20% of the time. Spend the other 80% of the time promoting what you created.”

It is also important that you should know the various advanced promotion techniques for better reach of your content. Here is how you can promote your content effectively.

Promote content on social media

If your content bucket has visuals content (Images, videos, infographics), or you have created visuals content from your blogs and want to increase its reach. In that case, social media will be the best option.

There are 3.8 billion active social media users worldwide. It is an effective native distribution channel, and if you can master its tactics, you can generate more attention for content. To maximize the reach of your content through likes, shares and comments apply the following techniques:

  1. Create different posts for the different platform
  2. Add call to action button
  3. Use industry-specific hashtags
  4. Share posts in groups
  5. Engage with the audience
  6. Mention the relevant people
  7. Optimize the posting time and frequency

Related: How To Analyze Content Performance. Best Guide For All

Broadcast an e-mail

Do you have blogs in your content bucket? If yes, it’s time to boost your content by sending emails about it to your audience.

Email marketing is still one of the most used and most effective techniques today and is possibly the best possible strategy for your content promotion.

Based on 2018 data, it is still ranked as the most effective marketing channel, beating out social media, SEO, and affiliate marketing. So, you must know how to leverage this channel.

  1. Build a strong list
  2. Segment your list for different personas
  3. Craft a meaningful, compelling message for a particular persona
  4. Make your links visually interesting
  5. Measure and optimize

Look at the snapshot of the YOURSTORY newsletter. You could use something like that as well.

E-mail Marketing Example

Once you are done with all these tasks, send a message to your target list. Include a short teaser of the content to encourage them to click through, and don’t forget to include a call to action (CTA) asking them to share it.

Reach out to influencers

Social media is crowded. Your content will be lost in the vast sea of volatile users if it doesn’t reach the right audience. So to take advantage of the vast audiences that already exist online, consider reaching out to top influencers in your niche who can share your content with their networks—extending your content reach while also improving your reputation.

Merely sending a cold email to the influencers may work for you but it’s not the best way to reach out to them.

Instead, you should build an authentic relationship with the top influencers before you send them an email to share your content.

Spend on Paid Promotion

Paid Promotion is a great way to reach your target audience as it allows marketers to show their ads to the people who are likely to be interested in your products and services while filtering out folks who aren’t.

As a digital marketer, you can also take advantage of paid Promotion to get high-quality content in front of the right audience and to drive them to take action.

Related: How to use insights for content creation

Below are some paid promotion methods that you should consider for your content promotion.

  1. Search Engine Marketing – SEM or paid search involves paid listings that appear on search engine results pages (SERP) when your audience searches for information relevant to your content. You pay only when a user clicks on the listings.
  2. Social Media Paid Promotion – This technique is used for advertising content in front of your target audience on social media. For Example – Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, LinkedIn Ads, YouTube Ads, etc.
  3. Influencer Marketing – You pay the high profile influencers of your business niche to share your content with the pre-established audience.
  4. Native Advertising – According to CMI founder Joe Pulizzi, it is an in-stream, pay-to-play technique that enables brands to display their credible, information-based content on relevant third-party sites.

You may find that some promotion tactics work better than others, so adjust your strategy and get the most out of your promotion to get your content noticed.